Confirmation of arrival
VAT-free EU shipments – obligation to provide proof of compliance
According to Section 17a of the Turnover Tax Implementing Order, all companies are obliged to provide verification of their VAT-free shipments to EU member states. If the requisite verification is not available when checks are carried out, the tax authority will recover 19% VAT. The company bears the risk if it does not receive the confirmation of arrival or if the verification is incomplete.
FORMAT GBS provides you with a solution that efficiently solves the requirements of the various forms of verification:
- Electronic requests for single or collective confirmations.
- A monitoring system with reminder function.
- Automated processing of various forms of verification (confirmation of arrival, bill of lading, waybill, forwarder’s receipt, etc.).
- A document filing system for the administration of manual or electronic verifications.
- Transparency from the issue of the invoice to the receipt of verification.
Whichever means of dispatch you use – forwarder, courier service, postal service, collection by the customer –FORMAT GBS provides you with a monitoring system for tracking the confirmation of arrival or the alternatives, and you can completely map all verification processes in a system, thus obtaining maximum transparency.